Monday, May 2, 2011

Our 1st Post!




 So here we go with our 1st post on our 1st blog!  I thought about starting a blog during one of the many days of my 12 weeks of bedrest, but wasn't for sure if many people would check it out.  After having the Carepages blog, I found a lot of people probably would check up on how the twins are doing and probably like to know what our sweet, but very ornery, toddler is up to.  So hopefully I will be able to keep everyone up with what is going on in our world on a weekly basis, and post pictures of the always changing looks of our kiddos.  I can't believe how different the boys look everyday and I really do not know when our baby girl got so big.  People always told me that she would seem so big once the boys came, and man they were right.  Makes a me a little sad that she is going to be 2 in just 4 days. 

The boys were 3 weeks old on Saturday, and they are are doing well.  We are beginning to get on somewhat of a schedule.  The boys like to eat every 3 hours.  Sometimes they will stretch it out to about 4 hours, but not very often.  Last Monday at their appointment, Max was weighing in at 6 lbs 1 oz and Kane was 6 lbs 7 ozs, so they are definately growing.  We go back next week for their 1 month appointment and Karter will have her 2 year appointment.  We took Kane to the cardiologist on Thursday and everything went good.  Nothing seemed abnormal and the cardiologist doesn't need to see him again, unless the pediatrician would find a need for it down the road.   My mom stayed a few nights last week, which was great at night because John and I could each sleep through a feeding.  I'm sure she was exhausted, but I think I slept for 4 or 5 hours straight one of the nights.  I was a little freaked out when I woke up, but it was some much needed rest.  And, we mom and I got to see much of the Royal Wedding.  Sometimes I think all that rest that I was sick of during my bedrest sounds pretty good at 3:00 in the morning.

We don't have any Dr.'s appointments this week, which will be a change for us...but a good change.  We have a busy weekend ahead with Karter's b-day party, John's cousin's baby shower, and the boys' 1st trip down south (or as John says to "God's Country") to Mom and Dad's for Mother's Day.  Can't wait to see a lot of family and starting making memories as our family of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment